Sunday 2 June 2013

Back to geocaching


It has been a very long time since I've been out geocaching and the other day Steve invited me along on a hiking trip.  I thought about it and with me stopping squash and been staying at home I decided I deserved a day geocaching.
I checked the statistics part of my profile and it turns out that in the past 2 months I've only found 2 caches.  This is a problem. Normally I find about 60 a months. Time to get back into it.

5:00 and the alarm ripped me out of a deep sleep. Thats the first sign that its caching time.  I struggle out of bed and collect my backs and lunch that I prepared last night. With the car loaded up I head to Steves for a big day caching.  It was a quick trip up to Auckland and great to catch up with a good friend. Almost at the car park we came across a tree fall. Steve and I got out of the car and quickly cleared a way past.



We Started our walk and Were greeted with a beautiful sunrise over one of the dams in the area.  It was a good walk and felt great to be back out in the wilderness.  We found all the caches quickly and even a couple that were huge.  Had a really great day and am thinking about my next tramp already.

Good to be back on the caching wagon.



So as a quick recap I went out caching in Hamilton today to collect all the new caches.  You know its caching in winter wen you are ankle deep in water and still have a smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment