Tuesday 8 September 2015

Another Marathon Done

After my first effort running a marathon distance I believed that I could do it again. I decided to put in a decent amount of training and push myself. But have I bitten off more than I can chew?

I eagerly signed up for the Taupo Run Series which consisted of a half marathon and two full marathons. The Taupo marathon was the one that I was going to target as I thought that it would be a nice enough course and that I would be able to put in a great time. Turns out that I was a little wrong

The course was a very challenging one with more hills than I was expecting to encounter. 

I pushed myself and hit that same point as I did in the first marathon. That 'I can't do, yes I can', 'I'm so happy, I'm so sad' emotional rollercoaster. 

Anyway it's done now and I'm so proud of myself. My next challenge is this weekend when I have to run the kinloch marathon. One that I have done minimal training for. I'm really scared if I'm being him being honest with you. 


1 comment:

  1. Who Invented Running When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your.

    ReplyDelete