Saturday 18 February 2017

Blueberry run + Long run

Last weekend Chelsea and I braved the weather and headed out to Ohaupo to participate in the first race in the 2017 Summer Series.


With a gentle fog settling over the countryside and excited running gathering the atmosphere was amazing.  Being surrounded by like minded people and so much positivity is always a great feeling and a nice way to start the day.

As the race start approach the fog begun to lift to reveal the beautiful roads we would be running on.  The goal was to run a gently 15km but with so many people around I was caught-up in the moment and started a little too fast. 5:40min/ks to fast.  That speed hurt my endurance and by the 12km I was starting to hurt. I pushed on though and finished fast even running up the hill towards the finish.

It felt great to be pounding the tarmac and good to get back into the race atmosphere.  It was that night that I went home and looked into seriously booking the New Plymouth - Mountain to Surf Marathon.

I don't know if it's a good thing or not but I have signed up and am planning on running my first marathon for 2017 in two weeks time.

The training has been going really well. Each week I have been increasing the distance with my first long run of 27km being completed yesterday.  It was tougher than a hobbits foot but I did it.

Easy week this weekend planned then marathon the following.

No comments:

Post a Comment