Wednesday 13 February 2013

Biggest book ever



After what was only 2 weeks I finished the book 'Oblivion' by Anthony Horowitz.

Its the final book in the power of 5 series and one that I had been waiting for for a long time.  It was 668 pages long and one of the longest stories that I have ever had to read. I wasn't looking forward to the length but definitely wanted to know what happened to the characters and the fate of the world.

Horowitz has an amazing ability to build up a story and create an atmosphere where the reader wants to find out what happens. The suppence had me not wanting to put the book down.  Even though the book followed several main characters it was easy to follow each of them on their journey.

With the end of the book approaching I was looking forward to an amazing ending and was unfortunately let down.  Where there should have been an amazing fight scene or battle I was like a kid at christmas with a half empty stocking.... Let down by the big guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment