Tuesday 5 February 2013

Update



Its been a long time since I've updated the blog. When I think back there hasn't really been any one event that has been worth blogging but there has been quite a few small events that have their own importance.

School started 2 weeks ago. Both Chelsea and I are pleased to be back at work and have some great kids in the class. As always there is plenty of work that needs to be done.  My class is still pretty small with only 22 students turning up on average. Apparently there are a couple more that I'm suppose to be getting but they are just taking their time.

Went to my first CITO (Cache In Trash Out) event last weekend. Now I have been to a couple before but none that were actually about cleaning up or improving the environment.  This CITO was all about restoring Lake Surpintine. I planted several native trees, collected lots of stakes and picked up some rubbish.  It was a beautiful day and I had a lot of fun.
Today is Waitangi Day and I'm just sitting in the lounge taking a break from my new book. I brought it the other day and am just over half way.. thats pretty good for me considering its 700 pages long.  Now with a public holiday it would have been rude not to go out and collect a cache.  Chelsea and I climbed half way up the Hikiromata range in Ngaruawhahia.  I was so impressed that Chelsea got all the way to the cache. At about the half way mark she was feeling sick and decided to wait.  I headed up as quick and I could but to my suprise, just as I was headed down she appeared. 
So as you can see nothing to major just lots of little events.
Im sure that there will be some HUGE changes coming... but its just a matter of waiting.




No comments:

Post a Comment