Sunday 16 September 2012

Non-event Weekend

I can't believe it. A weekend went by and I had no plans and just relaxed.

Normally I have some kind of activity planned for the weekend, weither its a tramp, cache or house work.  Well this weekend I had nothing, ok well I did want to do the lawns but that was nothing major. So there we were sitting in the lounge on Friday night quickly trying to make some plans for the weekend.
'How about we go camping?'
Now theres a suggestion.  Camping.. but not normal camping in a tent, camping in the lounge.  Not one to pass up an idea we quickly cleared a space in the lounge and started blowing up the air bed. Grabbed the sleeping bags and blankets from the cupboard and the bed was made.  Pulled out a collection of DVD's and piled up the food and we were ready to camp.  With the rain coming down outside it was almost like camping for real... only dryer and with a TV.

Eventually we both drifted off to sleep as the air bed slowly went done.

I was woken at about 1am to a noise in the kitchen.  Once my sense came to I remembered that I had closed the cat door so that the cat could come but not out.  Why? You ask.  Over the past couple of weeks we have been having a cat come in and spraying everywhere.  Tonight was the night that it would end.  Feeling like the camping experience was getting a little to real, I approached the would-be possum with caution.  Peering around the corner I spotted the cat staring back at me with huge eyes. Game on.

Grabbing the towel that I had prepared earlier I quickly made a plan. The cat was to wired for me to cat and 'deal with' so instead I would have to get it on the way out.  Unlocking the cat-door so it could escape I retreaded down the hallway and implemented my plan.  Calling to Chelsea she scared the cat towards the cat door. Waiting till the last moment so the cat wouldn't retreat I leaped out right in front of it.  The fear in the cats eyes was price less. It tried to stop running but just slid on the lino flooring towards me.  'Got ya' I called as I started.... ummm... lets just say dealing with the problem.  After a short exchange the cat dived for the cat door and I was left feeling victorious.

Decided, like any good hunter, that after such an epic battle that a feed was in order so raided the fridge and fell back onto the air bed with my snacks to watch TV.

Camping wouldn't be complete without pancakes for breakfast so at 11am when we finally got up there was a large meal of pancake drizzled with maple syrup and even a couple with ice cream and chocolate sauce.

For a Non-event weekend, it was pretty fun.

1 comment:

  1. Has the cat been a problem since or did your scare tactics work?

    ReplyDelete